11 April, 2009

'Twas the Night Before Easter

Holidays without family are the most difficult days. Tomorrow, I'm sure, will have moments of loneliness but much of that, I hope, will be buffered by all the surprises that rolled in over the last few days. We (especially Noah and Sophie) received enough cards, PEZ dispensers, Easter candy, and Easter presents to bring some American normalcy to the holiday. Chocolate eggs, rather than baskets seem to be the norm here in Brazil. We enjoyed the chocolate eggs at school, but went for the basket here at home. When we packed our bags in August we didn't have any room for Easter baskets, so this year we went with a "family basket". I don't think the kids will mind either way! We have an egg hunt and brunch planned with friends tomorrow-a nice way to spend the day before Paul leaves for a softball trip for FIVE days on Tuesday!
Let's start with an Easter writing by Noah. I love that this boy can write! So. much. fun. I'll graciously provide a translation for those of you not trained in deciphering not quite five year old writing.
My Rabbit.
is Jumpin.
To The Ski.
I Love My Rabbit.
By Noah.

Easter dye sent by Grandma and Grandpa! Thanks!
Hard at work
The finished product

Here's the "family basket". More like the Noah and Sophie basket with some Reese's Peanut Butter Cups for Paul!

No comments: