16 April, 2009

A Little Update

Paul left Tuesday morning for the Big 4 tournament near Campos do Jordao. I was very nervous about this trip-we are so lucky that Paul really doesn't travel for work. This is really the first time he's been gone for any length of time and I will be the first to admit I am totally spoiled by that. Our family spends most of our time together every day-if I need to see Paul at work I simply walk across the courtyard! This week, however, I've been left to negotiate dinner, bed times, parent conferences, and general day to day life solo. You know what? It has been great! Do I miss Paul? Absolutely. I'm counting down the hours until he comes back home! But, we've done okay. Kids are happy. I'm happy. We are so lucky to live in a community like this-we've had dinner invites every night, extra phone calls from friends, and plenty of people just checking in. Some friends even lent me Season One of "Project Runway"! Things are good. Of course, we'll be better come Saturday night when Paul returns-but really, no complaints. Even a massive city like Sao Paulo is quite small when you've got good company.

No comments: