12 August, 2010

Just So Stella Will Wake Up

I've decided to actually try and write on this blog because I need Stella to wake up. She didn't really nurse this morning when she woke up and so now, three hours later, I. NEED. HER. TO. WAKE. UP. I'm in pain. The only surefire way to make her wake up is to start doing something that I would like to finish. Once I start she is guaranteed to wake up immediately. Let's see how far I get writing to test my theory!

So, since it has been awhile....

On July 4, 2010 Stella Jane Kasky was born into my hands here at home. All nine pounds of her. It was an incredible experience and one I wish I could do over ten times. Except I don't want ten more children. According to Paul, I wasn't begging to do it all over again at the time, but now, six weeks later I think I would in a heartbeat. Except I won't.

We're adjusting okay-granted with a lot of help. It makes me really nervous to have all three children by myself at home. Noah and Sophie are less needy overall but they still need lots of time and attention-bedtime stories, homework help, games of Uno, etc...and I can't always do that with them. For that, I feel pretty terrible right now. I am hoping (maybe too optimistically) that once Stella is a tiny bit older and on more of a schedule it will get easier. I could be dreaming.

The kids are great with her-they love to lay on the blanket with her and coo in her face. It is awfully cute until she is MAD that they are in her face! Sophie likes to help with every diaper change and has begun insisting that I use the cloth diapers on her. Noah is great at getting smile from her. I can't wait until she can crawl around after them and giggle at their tricks. I think that is the best part of having multiple children-seeing them love on one another.

Noah started first grade and seems to love it. He's reading like crazy and writes stories every day at school. Sophie is a K-4 this year and already building words like mat, cat, Sam, etc...She's very proud of her work!

Paul started back at school and while busy, seems to be enjoying school so far. Stella can be a bit of a challenge at times (what with all the crying and all) so I wonder if Paul secretly enjoys heading off each morning. I'm off until late January and doing well with it most of the time. Of course, our nanny is here each day to help and let me sneak out for yoga or a run so it is a nice situation.

I'm going to make a commitment to get SOMETHING up here each day. It may just be a picture, but as someone pointed out, this is a great memory for our family and I want to add to it! So, check back. And she's up. Fool proof, I tell you!

2 comments:

Cara Tebo said...

So wonderful about your water birth. One of these days I'd like to hear all the nitty-gritty details. I love labor stories! :)

Abby said...

Cara-Anytime! I really had a perfect homebirth experience and would love to share! I cried when I left my midwife!