27 August, 2009

Sophie's Classroom

Since I posted about my love of the Montessori program a few days ago, I thought it would be fun to post a few pictures of Sophie's new classroom. Both she and Noah are in a mixed age classroom. All 3-6 year olds are in one class, though the 3 and 4 year olds leave at noon (Sophie) and the five and six year olds stay until 3 o'clock (Noah). I love that Sophie has a chance to play with different aged kids and I love that Noah has a kindergarten class of 7-8 kids in the afternoon. Both kids attend P.E., music, and library throughout the week and Noah also attends art class. The Montessori program was a huge reason why we chose to come to Graded, and we haven't been disappointed! Both kids are just "down the ramp" from my classroom and I love to stop by while they are at the playground or eating lunch (Noah) to say hello. It is such a relief to feel so confident and happy about our school decisions. I love how it has shaped the kids!
Outdoor space for dish washing, painting, scrubbing, etc...

The dish area and drying rack...useful skills here!
The scrubbing rock

1 comment:

Cara Tebo said...

I see that some of it is outside, sort of "California style." That's cool. That's awesome that they're getting such a great education. I don't know much about montessori but I hear such great things about it. :)