24 July, 2009

Sophie is the New Shirley


Sophie has become rather taken with Shirley Temple lately. I think she first learned about her when I would randomly sing "Animal Crackers in My Soup" (at least the two lines that I know) and eventually showed her this video. She's probably seen the video close to 20 times now-usually watching it 4-5 times in a row before all of us (except for Sophie) tire of it. Sophie often uses the same expression "Oh my goodness, oh my goodness" just like her hero and throughout the day often comments on Shirley's behavior ("She stands on the table!" and "She bangs her fork!" are favorite criticism) in the aforementioned video. As much as I get awfully tired of the same video and song week after week I am certain that Shirley beats Hannah Montana in our house any day of the week!

No comments: