09 December, 2008

'Tis the Season

I have a lot of guilt about Christmas this year. Our tree is very bare, we mistakenly left our stockings packed away in Virginia, and I've done very, very little shopping for the kiddos. I felt so very proud of our advent calendar last year-all the little doors opened with a message about some fun outing planned or a small gift. This year, though, without the usual trimmings and conveniences, I've kind of lost my way. The fact that it is sunny and in the mid-80s is throwing me for a loop as well. When I saw this video I remembered what is most important this time of year...



Christmas morning will be different this year, but I hope for all of the right reasons. I have a few plans in the works, but I don't want to give anything away quite yet. I will say Paul will be getting both his biggest gift and smallest gift ever this year.

No comments: