21 October, 2008

Tuesday Morning

Sunrise from our bedroom window...









I'd like to think my day starts with a nice, large cup of coffee, but for some unknown reason all the coffee mugs in Brasil are THIS big. The bananas are there to give you some perspective on just how small the mug really is. After three months here I kind of get it-Brasilians drink coffee ALL day so smaller is probably better. Even without a microwave, a cup that size guarantees your coffee stays piping hot in the two seconds it takes you to drink it. An added bonus is that it is easy to keep your calories down-in a cup that size there's no room for anything other than a dash of sugar. I'll probably go into some sort of shock when we return to the States and I attempt to drink a Venti Non Fat No Whip Mocha...

Sophie goes to bed early in the evening and doesn't head to preschool until noon, so most mornings she is full of energy and can be found doing this:



while Noah is busy doing this:









Notice the makeshift Halloween decorations...sort of hard to get into the fall spirit here!

Katty arrives around 7:30 and we (Paul, Noah, and I) head downstairs to catch our buses to school.
Noah heads off to school and Paul and I wait another 10 minutes for our bus to arrive and take us here.














wish I could say our evenings are as peaceful, but with tired kids and tired parents the most peaceful part of our evening comes when we get to this:



I've got the caipirinha and Paul's got the knitting :)

No comments: