10 September, 2008

Three day weekend...

It's kind of hard to believe, but we've been here for almost two months now...I guess it's been seven weeks? Anyway, aside from a couple of one or two day excursions, we really haven't been out of the city at all.

Until now.

Tomorrow after school, we pile onto a bus and head to Paraty...an old colonial town on the coast a little south of Rio de Janeiro. We're going with the other new teachers and a few vets as well - about 17 or 18 of us total I think. My undestanding is that we'll be doing some sailboating on Friday and some hiking on Saturday. In between, we'll be on the beach and exploring what the town has to offer. If only we could bring Katty with us, Abby and I would be able to see what the nightlife is like there too....maybe next time.

Needless to say, I'll be updating with some photos in a few days. In the meantime, hope all is well with all of you. Tchau.

No comments: