12 October, 2009

Raise Your Hand If You Like Purple Potatoes

I made a super yummy dinner last night for the kids and me. Paul was doing some very serious work with some friends until very late into the evening. Or watching ridiculous amounts of football. Either way, yesterday's menu was salmon pesto burgers and sweet potato fries. Sweet potatoes here are purple! Yes, purple! Sophie still didn't eat them. Or the berry ice cream that followed. While I was cooking I said to her, "Sophie, c'mon purple french fries...you're no fun!". She replied, rather confidently, "Yes I am. I just won't eat purple french fries,".



Uh, at least she's cute. And she does eat an astounding amount of broccoli and ketchup.

I've gotten a little lazy about cooking dinner around here...I may use the blog to keep me honest as I've vowed to cook dinner every night this week. We'll see. Tonight? Pesto chicken, whole wheat pasta salad, and roasted zucchini.

1 comment:

Cara Tebo said...

sounds yummy! I'm in the same boat... I'm trying to cook more too. It's just so easy to oredr out, though. Purple french fries- awesome!