06 February, 2009

Hot Date

We had a hot date tonight! Hot because our apartment was ridiculously bathed in the afternoon sun. I'm not very good at math, but I do know that Brazil+summer+afternoon sun+no air conditioner=very, very hot. It was so hot that Sophie felt laying on our hard cement floor to watch "Annie" was actually a better option than the rug or couch because it was cooler. So we did the logical thing-we left our apartment and went down to the pool where it was much, much cooler. Seriously. Paul and Noah met us down there after the softball game at Graded and brought us Subway. Yum! It was great. I don't know if my excitement over the evening is a testimony to my enjoyment of the simple pleasures or how lame my Friday nights have become. Either way,I'm not embarrassed to admit I think it was the perfect way to start the weekend!

Sophie gets some relief from the heat!

Perfect atmosphere, gourmet food, and good company!

1 comment:

Cara Tebo said...

I know what you mean... I must be getting old because subway, kids, and a pool sounds like fun to me too!